Welcome to TaxTron's support center. With the support center you can access the Knowledgebase, contact technical support and view the status of your support requests.

To login you must first create an account by clicking on the Register button, or if you have already sent us an email an account would have been automatically created for you. If you cannot remember your password click on the Lost password link and we will send you a new one.

Knowledgebase: TaxTron 2013
How do I transfer my disabled child's Disability Credit to myself?
Posted by on 14 November 2013 12:25 PM

There are two basic steps to achieve this.

First, on the child's return, ensure that you have checked BOTH "Taxpayer is disabled" and "Taxpayer's T2201 approved by CRA" in the Status area of the ID form.

Secondly, on your return, report the child as a dependant, enter his/her net income in the Income Information section of the Dependant form.

Then add up lines 1-17 of HIS/HER Schedule 1 and record that amount in the field labeled "Your dependant's total allowable non-refundable credits..." in the Income Information section as illustrated here:

Dependant's Total Non-Refundable Tax Credits

then scroll down in the Dependant Form and under the T2201 Disability Tax Credit Certificate section of the same form, ensure that Eligible for disability amount is checked as illustrated here:

Transfered to myself

Any amount reported under "Transferred to someone else" or "Transferred to spouse" will reduce the Disability Credit thansferred to you.

(1 vote(s))
This article was helpful
This article was not helpful

Comments (0)
Post a new comment
Full Name:
Help Desk Software by Kayako Fusion